The Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy organizes a Science Talk about preventive medicine with the title “Schwerpunkt Vorsorgemedizin – Weniger ist mehr?“. Aula der Wissenschaften, Wollzeile 27a, 1010 Wien, April 24, 2017. The panel discussion includes:
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Manfred Maier (ehem. Vorstand der Abteilung Allgemein- und Familienmedizin am Zentrum für Public Health, Medizinische Universität Wien)
- Dr. Katharina T. Paul (Senior Research Fellow, FWF – Austrian Science Fund, Institut für Politikwissenschaft, Universität Wien)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Gerald J. Pruckner (Gesundheitsökonom, Universität Linz)
- DDr. Irmgard Schiller-Frühwirth, MPH (Hauptverband der österreichischen Sozialversicherungsträger)
- Dr. Martin Sprenger, MPH (Leiter Lehrgang Public Health, Medizinische Universität Graz)
Gerald Pruckner, head of the laboratory, spoke at the European Forum Alpbach about innovative incentive schemes that can strengthen the health literacy of young people.
He also gave a press conference in advance. You will find the press release about financial inncentives and screening behavior of children here (APA – german) and here (TT – newspaper, german)
Rudolf Winter-Ebmer presented a talk on “Aging population and the energy market” on July 4.
Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, head of the laboratory, is going to present at the University of Munich on July 5.
His talk is about ” What is the firm’s influence on retirement?”
The EuHEA (Eurpean Health Economics Association) Conference 2016 takes place from 13.-16. July 2016 in Hamburg (GER). A. Ahammer, W. Frimmel, G.J. Pruckner, T. Schober, K. Zocher are going to present there latest research results.
For more details about our work please check out: [More]
For more details about the conference please check out: [More]
A. Ahammer, J.-I. Antón, W. Frimmel, M. Halla and R. Winter-Ebmer will present their latest research at the 30th Annual Conference of the European Society for Population Economics (ESPE) in Berlin, June 15-18, 2016.
Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, head of the laboratory, presented at the meeting of the German Academy of Science in Zurich on April 30.
His talk was about “What is the firm’s influence on retirement?”
Gerald Pruckner, head of the laboratory, is currently on research sabbatical at the Swedish Institute for Social Research at the Univeristy of Stockholm (Link).
Laboratory Head Rudolf Winter-Ebmer presents his work at the research seminar at the University of Sheffield on March 9, 2016.
Alexander Ahammer is going to present at the Austrian health economics conference (Athea) at the IHS in Vienna on Feb. 26th . His talk is about “Explaining variation in health care expanditures – What is the role of practice styles”.